We understand that bigger wheels need more assurance, and so we have come up with Kotak Commercial Vehicle Secure – Goods Carrying Vehicle – A comprehensive truck insurance plan that provides complete protection for your goods carrying vehicles.
- Loss/damage cover for the vehicle insured
- Cover towards liability to third parties
- Personal accident cover for owner cum driver
- Towing assistance cover
- Additional covers to boost policy coverage
- Enjoy No Claim Bonus
- Cashless claim service at 350+ authorized garages
- Damage Cover: We provide cover if your car is damaged partially or completely due to any natural calamities (such as; fire, explosion, self-ignition/lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide, rockslide, etc.) or man-made calamities (such as; burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accidental external means, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift elevator or air, etc.)
- Personal Accident Cover:We provide financial security to owners when they are driving the insured vehicle. This protection is extended to paid drivers and other passengers in the car as well, as long as the number of passengers is limited to the carrying capacity of the car, excluding the driver.
- Third-Party Legal Liability: In order to keep everybody safe, Kotak Commercial Vehicle Secure provides cover for any damage to third-party property and third-party bodily injury (including death) caused by an accident involving the insured vehicle.
- Comprehensive Cover: To provide complete protection, Kotak Commercial Vehicle Secure covers all electrical and non-electrical accessories as well as bi-fuel systems of the vehicle. If you would like to avail of other India motor tariff endorsements, you can do so by paying the required additional premium, if any.
- The Kotak Edge: When it comes to keeping your money and your life safe and secure, it pays to go with a reputed company. The Kotak Group has an illustrious history that spans over 3 decades, and is considered to be one of the most trusted brands in the country. With Kotak Commercial Vehicle Secure, your car is in safe hands.
- No Claim Bonus: Based on your previous claim history, you are eligible for an attractive No Claim Bonus (NCB). If you do not make any claims in the preceding year or years, you are entitled to an NCB on the Own Damage (OD) section of the policy based on the following table:
|Period of Insurance||% of NCB on OD Premium|
|The preceding year||20%|
|Preceding 2 consecutive years||25%|
|Preceding 3 consecutive years||35%|
|Preceding 4 consecutive years||45%|
|Preceding 5 consecutive years||50%|
Do remember, you will be eligible for the NCB only if the insurance policy is renewed within 90 days of the previous policy’s expiry date.
However, in the case of Military or Paramilitary Personnel working in Forward Areas, the period of 90 days may be extended up to 365 days, depending on the circumstances of each individual case with a declaration in writing by the policyholder that the vehicle was not put to use during the interim period.
At Kotak Mahindra General Insurance, we value transparency above everything else. Here’s a list of what we don’t cover under our Kotak Commercial Vehicle Secure Policy, so we can avoid any inconvenience at the claims stage. Loss/Damage to the vehicle/accessory/accessories arising by the following will not be covered:
- Normal wear and tear and general aging of the vehicle
- Depreciation or any consequential losses
- Vehicle being used otherwise than in accordance with limitations as to use
- Mechanical/electrical breakdown
- Any contractual liability
- Damage to/by a person driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs or liquor
- Damage to/by a person driving the vehicle without a valid license
- Damages due to nuclear risk or war
- Damages to tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time, in which case the liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement
- Damage caused by overloading or strain of the insured vehicle
- Damage to any bridge and/or via duct and/or to any road and/or anything beneath by vibration or by the weight of the insured vehicle and/or load carried by the insured vehicle
Cancellation Grid: In case you would like to cancel your policy within a year, we will retain a portion of the premium as specified below:
|Period||% of Annual Premium|
|Not Exceeding 1 month||20%|
|Exceeding 1 month but not exceeding 2 months||30%|
|Exceeding 2 months but not exceeding 3 months||40%|
|Exceeding 3 months but not exceeding 4 months||50%|
|Exceeding 4 months but not exceeding 5 months||60%|
|Exceeding 5 months but not exceeding 6 months||70%|
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 7 months||80%|
|Exceeding 7 months but not exceeding 8 months||90%|
|Exceeding 8 months Full Annual Premium||Full Annual Premium|